Nov 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Jennings scored an efficient 15 points and added 13 assists and two steals, leading the Pistons to a 19-point win over the Bucks. It was already fulfilling revenge for the point guard.
Then, Jennings went for the last laugh as the Pistons ran out the clock (hat tip: Scott Rafferty of Hardwood Paroxysm):
I must have missed Caron Butler’s induction to the fun police, but he’s clearly a member of the force.
How dare a player show a fun side on the court! Better put a quick, stop to that.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
This game was personal to Jennings, and he’s just letting loose at the end. Sure, he’s showing up the Bucks, but if they don’t like it, they should try to win the next game.
I’ll give Butler credit for not committing a cheap foul, but walking toward Jennings and then glaring at him served no real purpose. Butler is attempting to establish himself as a team leader, but next time, he should get his team playing with better focus while the game’s result is still in doubt rather than once it’s already decided.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19