Nov 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Jennings scored an efficient 15 points and added 13 assists and two steals, leading the Pistons to a 19-point win over the Bucks. It was already fulfilling revenge for the point guard.
Then, Jennings went for the last laugh as the Pistons ran out the clock (hat tip: Scott Rafferty of Hardwood Paroxysm):
I must have missed Caron Butler’s induction to the fun police, but he’s clearly a member of the force.
How dare a player show a fun side on the court! Better put a quick, stop to that.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
This game was personal to Jennings, and he’s just letting loose at the end. Sure, he’s showing up the Bucks, but if they don’t like it, they should try to win the next game.
I’ll give Butler credit for not committing a cheap foul, but walking toward Jennings and then glaring at him served no real purpose. Butler is attempting to establish himself as a team leader, but next time, he should get his team playing with better focus while the game’s result is still in doubt rather than once it’s already decided.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15