Nov 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Jennings scored an efficient 15 points and added 13 assists and two steals, leading the Pistons to a 19-point win over the Bucks. It was already fulfilling revenge for the point guard.
Then, Jennings went for the last laugh as the Pistons ran out the clock (hat tip: Scott Rafferty of Hardwood Paroxysm):
I must have missed Caron Butler’s induction to the fun police, but he’s clearly a member of the force.
How dare a player show a fun side on the court! Better put a quick, stop to that.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
This game was personal to Jennings, and he’s just letting loose at the end. Sure, he’s showing up the Bucks, but if they don’t like it, they should try to win the next game.
I’ll give Butler credit for not committing a cheap foul, but walking toward Jennings and then glaring at him served no real purpose. Butler is attempting to establish himself as a team leader, but next time, he should get his team playing with better focus while the game’s result is still in doubt rather than once it’s already decided.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2