Nov 26, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
We told you we were waiting on the results of an MRI, and the verdict is in: The pain in Bradley Beal’s leg is a “stress reaction” — a nice way of saying a stress fracture — and he is going to rest for two weeks and then be re-evaluated, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
What that really means is expect him to be out longer.
The good news is that it could be worse, they seem to have caught it early (remember last year Beal tried to play through pain and aggravated the situation). That said, Beal missed eight games at the end of last season (which bled over to missing Summer League) because of a stress fracture in that same league.
Which should make Wizards fans a little nervous about how long he could be out now.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal is the Wizards leading scorer at 20.6 points a game and is shooting 43.9 percent from three (and playing a league leading 40.2 minutes a game). Those are good numbers, but his game still needs to mature — if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange this season.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12