Nov 26, 2013, 8:43 AM EST
Wizards coach Randy Wittman was leaning heavily on second year shooting guard Bradley Beal — 40.2 minutes per game. That’s a higher per-game average than anyone else in the league.
We say “was” because he could be out for a little while. J. Michael has the details over at CSNWashington.com.
The Wizards confirmed late Monday night that Beal began complaining about soreness in his lower right leg, where he had a stress injury to his fibula, the smaller of the two bones, that prematurely ended is rookie season in April….
He had an MRI and the results will be known Tuesday, before the Wizards play the Los Angeles Lakers at Verizon Center (CSN, 7 p.m. ET).
Beal missed games at the end of last season and Summer League because of that previous fracture, which makes one a little nervous about how this will turn out.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal is averaging 20.6 points a game and is shooting an impressive 43.9 percent from three. But if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange this season.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 11
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19