Nov 26, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Wizards coach Randy Wittman was leaning heavily on second year shooting guard Bradley Beal — 40.2 minutes per game. That’s a higher per-game average than anyone else in the league.
We say “was” because he could be out for a little while. J. Michael has the details over at CSNWashington.com.
The Wizards confirmed late Monday night that Beal began complaining about soreness in his lower right leg, where he had a stress injury to his fibula, the smaller of the two bones, that prematurely ended is rookie season in April….
He had an MRI and the results will be known Tuesday, before the Wizards play the Los Angeles Lakers at Verizon Center (CSN, 7 p.m. ET).
Beal missed games at the end of last season and Summer League because of that previous fracture, which makes one a little nervous about how this will turn out.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal is averaging 20.6 points a game and is shooting an impressive 43.9 percent from three. But if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange this season.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43