Nov 26, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Wizards coach Randy Wittman was leaning heavily on second year shooting guard Bradley Beal — 40.2 minutes per game. That’s a higher per-game average than anyone else in the league.
We say “was” because he could be out for a little while. J. Michael has the details over at CSNWashington.com.
The Wizards confirmed late Monday night that Beal began complaining about soreness in his lower right leg, where he had a stress injury to his fibula, the smaller of the two bones, that prematurely ended is rookie season in April….
He had an MRI and the results will be known Tuesday, before the Wizards play the Los Angeles Lakers at Verizon Center (CSN, 7 p.m. ET).
Beal missed games at the end of last season and Summer League because of that previous fracture, which makes one a little nervous about how this will turn out.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $85,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Beal is averaging 20.6 points a game and is shooting an impressive 43.9 percent from three. But if you chase him off the line and force him to put the ball on the floor he has struggled, shooting just 33.6 percent from the midrange this season.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 46
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31