Nov 25, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
It was an odd “fight” (all NBA fights have to have that word in parenthesis as a “West Side Story” dance fight generally is more intimidating). Andrew Bogot and Joel Freeland got tangled up under the basket, then in his effort to get away Bogut throws a forearm at Freeland’s head. Mo Williams jumped in to go at Bogut and defend his guy, and then it’s on.
Tuesday the League came down on the incident:
Bogut and Williams have each been suspended one game without pay (Williams will sit out Monday night vs. New York, Bogut is out Tuesday vs. New Orleans. In addition LaMarcus Aldridge has been fined $45,000, Portland’s Wesley Matthews and Golden State’s Draymond Green have been fined $20,000 each for “escalating the incident.”
In the game Matthews, Williams and Green were ejected, while Freeland, Bogut and Aldridge got technicals.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20