Nov 25, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
It was an odd “fight” (all NBA fights have to have that word in parenthesis as a “West Side Story” dance fight generally is more intimidating). Andrew Bogot and Joel Freeland got tangled up under the basket, then in his effort to get away Bogut throws a forearm at Freeland’s head. Mo Williams jumped in to go at Bogut and defend his guy, and then it’s on.
Tuesday the League came down on the incident:
Bogut and Williams have each been suspended one game without pay (Williams will sit out Monday night vs. New York, Bogut is out Tuesday vs. New Orleans. In addition LaMarcus Aldridge has been fined $45,000, Portland’s Wesley Matthews and Golden State’s Draymond Green have been fined $20,000 each for “escalating the incident.”
In the game Matthews, Williams and Green were ejected, while Freeland, Bogut and Aldridge got technicals.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6