Nov 25, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
It was an odd “fight” (all NBA fights have to have that word in parenthesis as a “West Side Story” dance fight generally is more intimidating). Andrew Bogot and Joel Freeland got tangled up under the basket, then in his effort to get away Bogut throws a forearm at Freeland’s head. Mo Williams jumped in to go at Bogut and defend his guy, and then it’s on.
Tuesday the League came down on the incident:
Bogut and Williams have each been suspended one game without pay (Williams will sit out Monday night vs. New York, Bogut is out Tuesday vs. New Orleans. In addition LaMarcus Aldridge has been fined $45,000, Portland’s Wesley Matthews and Golden State’s Draymond Green have been fined $20,000 each for “escalating the incident.”
In the game Matthews, Williams and Green were ejected, while Freeland, Bogut and Aldridge got technicals.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 3
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 33
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 31
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25