Nov 25, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
It was an odd “fight” (all NBA fights have to have that word in parenthesis as a “West Side Story” dance fight generally is more intimidating). Andrew Bogot and Joel Freeland got tangled up under the basket, then in his effort to get away Bogut throws a forearm at Freeland’s head. Mo Williams jumped in to go at Bogut and defend his guy, and then it’s on.
Tuesday the League came down on the incident:
Bogut and Williams have each been suspended one game without pay (Williams will sit out Monday night vs. New York, Bogut is out Tuesday vs. New Orleans. In addition LaMarcus Aldridge has been fined $45,000, Portland’s Wesley Matthews and Golden State’s Draymond Green have been fined $20,000 each for “escalating the incident.”
In the game Matthews, Williams and Green were ejected, while Freeland, Bogut and Aldridge got technicals.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18