Nov 25, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
It was an odd “fight” (all NBA fights have to have that word in parenthesis as a “West Side Story” dance fight generally is more intimidating). Andrew Bogot and Joel Freeland got tangled up under the basket, then in his effort to get away Bogut throws a forearm at Freeland’s head. Mo Williams jumped in to go at Bogut and defend his guy, and then it’s on.
Tuesday the League came down on the incident:
Bogut and Williams have each been suspended one game without pay (Williams will sit out Monday night vs. New York, Bogut is out Tuesday vs. New Orleans. In addition LaMarcus Aldridge has been fined $45,000, Portland’s Wesley Matthews and Golden State’s Draymond Green have been fined $20,000 each for “escalating the incident.”
In the game Matthews, Williams and Green were ejected, while Freeland, Bogut and Aldridge got technicals.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 36
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8