Nov 25, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
On paper Otto Porter seemed a perfect fit and a smart pick for the Washington Wizards at the small forward spot last June in the NBA Draft — however we have never really seen if that is the case.
Porter struggled some at Summer League but his style of play is a poor fit for the undisciplined style in Las Vegas. Then in September while getting in shape for training camp he strained his hip flexor. He missed all of camp and the first part of the seson.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
There still is no timeline for his return to a game, he is officially day-to-day, but this is a good start.
“It looked like he’s been out three-and-a-half months. He’s got to get out there now and get his legs under him,” (Wizards coach Randy) Wittman said. “Number two, getting familiar with what we’re doing. It’s easy to sit there and think as you’re watching you know what’s going on until now it’s game speed and action. He’s not very familiar yet with what we’re doing. Repetition, conditioning. The last thing you what to do is throw him out there not in good enough condition and he gets hurt again. Those are the kind of things you want to stay away from. You get him healthy, get him in shape, see what happens.”
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34