Nov 25, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
On paper Otto Porter seemed a perfect fit and a smart pick for the Washington Wizards at the small forward spot last June in the NBA Draft — however we have never really seen if that is the case.
Porter struggled some at Summer League but his style of play is a poor fit for the undisciplined style in Las Vegas. Then in September while getting in shape for training camp he strained his hip flexor. He missed all of camp and the first part of the seson.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
There still is no timeline for his return to a game, he is officially day-to-day, but this is a good start.
“It looked like he’s been out three-and-a-half months. He’s got to get out there now and get his legs under him,” (Wizards coach Randy) Wittman said. “Number two, getting familiar with what we’re doing. It’s easy to sit there and think as you’re watching you know what’s going on until now it’s game speed and action. He’s not very familiar yet with what we’re doing. Repetition, conditioning. The last thing you what to do is throw him out there not in good enough condition and he gets hurt again. Those are the kind of things you want to stay away from. You get him healthy, get him in shape, see what happens.”
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3