Nov 24, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Well, that escalated quickly. No one threw a trident (Anchorman references are acceptable again, right?), but there were big ramifications from the on-court scuffle between the Portland Trail Blazers and Golden State Warriors.
As you could expect, this led to both teams rushing to the action. Mo Williams went at Bogut, and then things got a little crazy.
The refs doled out plenty of punishment, as you might expect. Wes Matthews, Mo Williams and Draymond Green were all ejected. Joel Freeland, Andrew Bogut and LaMacrus Aldridge were all issued technical fouls.
How Bogut got off with just a technical foul, I don’t know. He was involved in the fight that started it all, and then he shoved Williams as he rushed in. Usually the second guy gets punished (and Williams did), but the refs have the benefit of replay.
Regardless, nothing could stop Portland on this night. The Blazers were down by eight at the time of the fight, but they fought back on the scoreboard. Aldridge’s 30 points and 21 rebounds helped Portland extended their road winning streak to an impressive seven games, and their overall winning streak to 10 games. There isn’t a hotter team in the league right now.
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 5
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25