Nov 24, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Well, that escalated quickly. No one threw a trident (Anchorman references are acceptable again, right?), but there were big ramifications from the on-court scuffle between the Portland Trail Blazers and Golden State Warriors.
As you could expect, this led to both teams rushing to the action. Mo Williams went at Bogut, and then things got a little crazy.
The refs doled out plenty of punishment, as you might expect. Wes Matthews, Mo Williams and Draymond Green were all ejected. Joel Freeland, Andrew Bogut and LaMacrus Aldridge were all issued technical fouls.
How Bogut got off with just a technical foul, I don’t know. He was involved in the fight that started it all, and then he shoved Williams as he rushed in. Usually the second guy gets punished (and Williams did), but the refs have the benefit of replay.
Regardless, nothing could stop Portland on this night. The Blazers were down by eight at the time of the fight, but they fought back on the scoreboard. Aldridge’s 30 points and 21 rebounds helped Portland extended their road winning streak to an impressive seven games, and their overall winning streak to 10 games. There isn’t a hotter team in the league right now.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning that, fall in Miami 0
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 20
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 66
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45