Nov 24, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Well, this was almost unfair.
The Orlando Magic had played really well in Glen Davis‘ first game back since his season-ending injury last year, and they were in a good position to pull off an upset over the Heat. They had played well enough, and you can even say they deserved to win.
But then LeBron James happened.
Arron Afflalo is a really good defender, but if LeBron James gets the ball at 20-feet, smack dab in the middle of the floor, against no help defense and a defender much smaller than him? Good luck. James made this look easy, because it was.
If this happened three or four years ago, it would be a big deal. People would scream at each other and say things like, “he can’t do it when it matters!” and it would go back and forth. But now? It’s just a good move and a good shot by the league’s best player .
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61