Nov 24, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
I think Travis Outlaw gets off light here, this could have been a suspension in my book — hitting an airborne player with no play on the ball.
But the league in its wisdom has reviewed the above play from the Clippers win Saturday night over the Kings and decided Outlaw should get a $15,000 fine for “making excessive and unnecessary contact” with the Clippers’ J.J. Redick. The referees on the court ruled this a flagrant 2 and Outlaw was ejected.
Redick was not injured on the play, but result and intent should not matter in handing out penalties.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61