Nov 24, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
I think Travis Outlaw gets off light here, this could have been a suspension in my book — hitting an airborne player with no play on the ball.
But the league in its wisdom has reviewed the above play from the Clippers win Saturday night over the Kings and decided Outlaw should get a $15,000 fine for “making excessive and unnecessary contact” with the Clippers’ J.J. Redick. The referees on the court ruled this a flagrant 2 and Outlaw was ejected.
Redick was not injured on the play, but result and intent should not matter in handing out penalties.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14