Nov 24, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
I think Travis Outlaw gets off light here, this could have been a suspension in my book — hitting an airborne player with no play on the ball.
But the league in its wisdom has reviewed the above play from the Clippers win Saturday night over the Kings and decided Outlaw should get a $15,000 fine for “making excessive and unnecessary contact” with the Clippers’ J.J. Redick. The referees on the court ruled this a flagrant 2 and Outlaw was ejected.
Redick was not injured on the play, but result and intent should not matter in handing out penalties.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38