Nov 24, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
I think Travis Outlaw gets off light here, this could have been a suspension in my book — hitting an airborne player with no play on the ball.
But the league in its wisdom has reviewed the above play from the Clippers win Saturday night over the Kings and decided Outlaw should get a $15,000 fine for “making excessive and unnecessary contact” with the Clippers’ J.J. Redick. The referees on the court ruled this a flagrant 2 and Outlaw was ejected.
Redick was not injured on the play, but result and intent should not matter in handing out penalties.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12