Nov 24, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
I think Travis Outlaw gets off light here, this could have been a suspension in my book — hitting an airborne player with no play on the ball.
But the league in its wisdom has reviewed the above play from the Clippers win Saturday night over the Kings and decided Outlaw should get a $15,000 fine for “making excessive and unnecessary contact” with the Clippers’ J.J. Redick. The referees on the court ruled this a flagrant 2 and Outlaw was ejected.
Redick was not injured on the play, but result and intent should not matter in handing out penalties.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23