Nov 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
When Derrick Rose went down with an injury to his non-surgically repaired knee on Friday night in a game against the Portland Trail Blazers, it sent shockwaves throughout the NBA. It’s not hyperbolic to say this could end up being one of the most important injuries in the history of the league, and the gravity of the situation was not lost on players around the league.
While the NBA is chock full of some of the most competitive people on the planet, it’s also a very tight-knit fraternity. These are players that have experienced injuries, maybe avoided severe ones, and these guys know just how quickly everything can be taken one with one wrong step.
Here were some of the reactions from current and former players around the league:
No matter what “rivalry” we have with the bulls.. Hope it ain’t serious for D Rose! #ImACompetitor
Hope D.Rose will be ok #prayforhim
— Brandon E Knight (@BrandonKnight07) November 23, 2013
Forget about the loss. Let’s just hope DRose is OK. Thoughts go out to him. Let’s get some good news tomorrow on his status.
— Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) November 23, 2013
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 12
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 25
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1