Nov 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When Derrick Rose went down with an injury to his non-surgically repaired knee on Friday night in a game against the Portland Trail Blazers, it sent shockwaves throughout the NBA. It’s not hyperbolic to say this could end up being one of the most important injuries in the history of the league, and the gravity of the situation was not lost on players around the league.
While the NBA is chock full of some of the most competitive people on the planet, it’s also a very tight-knit fraternity. These are players that have experienced injuries, maybe avoided severe ones, and these guys know just how quickly everything can be taken one with one wrong step.
Here were some of the reactions from current and former players around the league:
No matter what “rivalry” we have with the bulls.. Hope it ain’t serious for D Rose! #ImACompetitor
Hope D.Rose will be ok #prayforhim
— Brandon E Knight (@BrandonKnight07) November 23, 2013
Forget about the loss. Let’s just hope DRose is OK. Thoughts go out to him. Let’s get some good news tomorrow on his status.
— Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) November 23, 2013
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6