Nov 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
When Derrick Rose went down with an injury to his non-surgically repaired knee on Friday night in a game against the Portland Trail Blazers, it sent shockwaves throughout the NBA. It’s not hyperbolic to say this could end up being one of the most important injuries in the history of the league, and the gravity of the situation was not lost on players around the league.
While the NBA is chock full of some of the most competitive people on the planet, it’s also a very tight-knit fraternity. These are players that have experienced injuries, maybe avoided severe ones, and these guys know just how quickly everything can be taken one with one wrong step.
Here were some of the reactions from current and former players around the league:
No matter what “rivalry” we have with the bulls.. Hope it ain’t serious for D Rose! #ImACompetitor
Hope D.Rose will be ok #prayforhim
— Brandon E Knight (@BrandonKnight07) November 23, 2013
Forget about the loss. Let’s just hope DRose is OK. Thoughts go out to him. Let’s get some good news tomorrow on his status.
— Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) November 23, 2013
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30