Nov 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When Derrick Rose went down with an injury to his non-surgically repaired knee on Friday night in a game against the Portland Trail Blazers, it sent shockwaves throughout the NBA. It’s not hyperbolic to say this could end up being one of the most important injuries in the history of the league, and the gravity of the situation was not lost on players around the league.
While the NBA is chock full of some of the most competitive people on the planet, it’s also a very tight-knit fraternity. These are players that have experienced injuries, maybe avoided severe ones, and these guys know just how quickly everything can be taken one with one wrong step.
Here were some of the reactions from current and former players around the league:
No matter what “rivalry” we have with the bulls.. Hope it ain’t serious for D Rose! #ImACompetitor
Hope D.Rose will be ok #prayforhim
— Brandon E Knight (@BrandonKnight07) November 23, 2013
Forget about the loss. Let’s just hope DRose is OK. Thoughts go out to him. Let’s get some good news tomorrow on his status.
— Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) November 23, 2013
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20