Nov 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When Derrick Rose went down with an injury to his non-surgically repaired knee on Friday night in a game against the Portland Trail Blazers, it sent shockwaves throughout the NBA. It’s not hyperbolic to say this could end up being one of the most important injuries in the history of the league, and the gravity of the situation was not lost on players around the league.
While the NBA is chock full of some of the most competitive people on the planet, it’s also a very tight-knit fraternity. These are players that have experienced injuries, maybe avoided severe ones, and these guys know just how quickly everything can be taken one with one wrong step.
Here were some of the reactions from current and former players around the league:
No matter what “rivalry” we have with the bulls.. Hope it ain’t serious for D Rose! #ImACompetitor
Hope D.Rose will be ok #prayforhim
— Brandon E Knight (@BrandonKnight07) November 23, 2013
Forget about the loss. Let’s just hope DRose is OK. Thoughts go out to him. Let’s get some good news tomorrow on his status.
— Scottie Pippen (@ScottiePippen) November 23, 2013
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16