Nov 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The frustrations in Washington are beginning to set in. Despite having one of the most talented starting lineups in the Eastern Conference, the Wizards have completely stumbled out of the gates this season.
On Friday night against the Toronto Raptors, the Wizards battled back from a 16-point deficit behind John Wall, but faltered down the stretch to put their record at just 4-8 this season.
While surely it’s tough on everyone in the locker room, the poor start might be hitting Marcin Gortat the hardest. After dubbing the Phoenix Suns a “sinking ship” last season and generally looking miserable for most of last year, Gortat had to be looking forward to playing for a legitimate playoff contender once again.
That certainly isn’t out of the question, particularly with the shaky state of the Eastern Conference, but it must be frustrating to see Phoenix rattle off wins while his team struggles.
When an average-sized human loses his cool and needs to take his frustration out on an inanimate object, maybe they go punch a pillow a few times. But when Gortat gets angry, things like this happen:
It’s a little unnerving how easy that looked, right?
We’ll see if the Wizards can get things turned around, but if not, Gortat’s stoic Hulk Hogan impression should suffice from an entertainment standpoint, at least.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4