Nov 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
The frustrations in Washington are beginning to set in. Despite having one of the most talented starting lineups in the Eastern Conference, the Wizards have completely stumbled out of the gates this season.
On Friday night against the Toronto Raptors, the Wizards battled back from a 16-point deficit behind John Wall, but faltered down the stretch to put their record at just 4-8 this season.
While surely it’s tough on everyone in the locker room, the poor start might be hitting Marcin Gortat the hardest. After dubbing the Phoenix Suns a “sinking ship” last season and generally looking miserable for most of last year, Gortat had to be looking forward to playing for a legitimate playoff contender once again.
That certainly isn’t out of the question, particularly with the shaky state of the Eastern Conference, but it must be frustrating to see Phoenix rattle off wins while his team struggles.
When an average-sized human loses his cool and needs to take his frustration out on an inanimate object, maybe they go punch a pillow a few times. But when Gortat gets angry, things like this happen:
It’s a little unnerving how easy that looked, right?
We’ll see if the Wizards can get things turned around, but if not, Gortat’s stoic Hulk Hogan impression should suffice from an entertainment standpoint, at least.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10