Nov 23, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
Andre Iguodala has been a fantastic fit with Golden State, the glue that filled in needed spaces on both ends of the floor — a second shot creator, a guy who finished in transition, and the defensive presence on the perimeter they needed.
Which is to say, they are going to miss him if he is out for an extended period of time with the hamstring injury he suffered Friday against the Lakers.
With 3:25 left in the third quarter Iguodala was sprinting back up the court in transition defense when he grabbed his left hamstring and pulled up limping. He left the game and soon after hobbled back to the locker room.
It gets worse, Iguodala told Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times.
Iguodala said he felt a pop. "This worries me a little bit." … Said he can't even walk right now—
Marcus Thompson (@gswscribe) November 23, 2013
“That’s what I felt, so that’s why I was so concerned,” Iguodala said. “I knew it was something. Normally I can just run it off or it’ll go away. But once I heard it pop, I knew it was serious.”
Officially it is a strained left hamstring but an MRI on Saturday will give us a better picture and a timeline.
Golden State is already without Stephen Curry, who is trying to recover from a concussion before the Warriors play Saturday. Also out is backup point guard Toney Douglas (stress reaction in right tibia), Festus Ezeli (knee) and Jermaine O’Neal (groin, knee).
Hopefully the Iguodala injury is not something that will keep him out for an extended period of time.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 11
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23