Nov 23, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
This is potentially bad news, not just for Bulls fans but also for fans of the game of basketball.
With 3:20 left in the third quarter in Portland Friday night Derrick Rose made a back cut and Joakim Noah tried to hit him with a bounce pass, but Nicolas Batum defended it well, stole the pass and headed upcourt.
Rose tries to plant, cut up court to chase the play and in the process injured his right knee.
He left the game not to return. He later came through the locker room on crutches.
It’s hard to tell from the video the severity and there is no preliminary word on what happened, only speculation. Rose will get an MRI on Saturday to determine the severity of the injury, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com. The Blazers went on to win the game 98-95.
This is not the knee he had surgically repaired after a torn ACL, an injury that caused him to miss all of last season. However, players compensating after an ACL surgery then injuring the other leg has been known to happen.
Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
CSN Northwest’s Isaac Ropp tweeted this out.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17