Nov 23, 2013, 1:03 AM EST
This is potentially bad news, not just for Bulls fans but also for fans of the game of basketball.
With 3:20 left in the third quarter in Portland Friday night Derrick Rose made a back cut and Joakim Noah tried to hit him with a bounce pass, but Nicolas Batum defended it well, stole the pass and headed upcourt.
Rose tries to plant, cut up court to chase the play and in the process injured his right knee.
He left the game not to return. He later came through the locker room on crutches.
It’s hard to tell from the video the severity and there is no preliminary word on what happened, only speculation. Rose will get an MRI on Saturday to determine the severity of the injury, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com. The Blazers went on to win the game 98-95.
This is not the knee he had surgically repaired after a torn ACL, an injury that caused him to miss all of last season. However, players compensating after an ACL surgery then injuring the other leg has been known to happen.
Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
CSN Northwest’s Isaac Ropp tweeted this out.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 10
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 17
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19