Nov 23, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
This is potentially bad news, not just for Bulls fans but also for fans of the game of basketball.
With 3:20 left in the third quarter in Portland Friday night Derrick Rose made a back cut and Joakim Noah tried to hit him with a bounce pass, but Nicolas Batum defended it well, stole the pass and headed upcourt.
Rose tries to plant, cut up court to chase the play and in the process injured his right knee.
He left the game not to return. He later came through the locker room on crutches.
It’s hard to tell from the video the severity and there is no preliminary word on what happened, only speculation. Rose will get an MRI on Saturday to determine the severity of the injury, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com. The Blazers went on to win the game 98-95.
This is not the knee he had surgically repaired after a torn ACL, an injury that caused him to miss all of last season. However, players compensating after an ACL surgery then injuring the other leg has been known to happen.
Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
CSN Northwest’s Isaac Ropp tweeted this out.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 19
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64