Nov 23, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
This is potentially bad news, not just for Bulls fans but also for fans of the game of basketball.
With 3:20 left in the third quarter in Portland Friday night Derrick Rose made a back cut and Joakim Noah tried to hit him with a bounce pass, but Nicolas Batum defended it well, stole the pass and headed upcourt.
Rose tries to plant, cut up court to chase the play and in the process injured his right knee.
He left the game not to return. He later came through the locker room on crutches.
It’s hard to tell from the video the severity and there is no preliminary word on what happened, only speculation. Rose will get an MRI on Saturday to determine the severity of the injury, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com. The Blazers went on to win the game 98-95.
This is not the knee he had surgically repaired after a torn ACL, an injury that caused him to miss all of last season. However, players compensating after an ACL surgery then injuring the other leg has been known to happen.
Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
CSN Northwest’s Isaac Ropp tweeted this out.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 0
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73