Nov 23, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
This is potentially bad news, not just for Bulls fans but also for fans of the game of basketball.
With 3:20 left in the third quarter in Portland Friday night Derrick Rose made a back cut and Joakim Noah tried to hit him with a bounce pass, but Nicolas Batum defended it well, stole the pass and headed upcourt.
Rose tries to plant, cut up court to chase the play and in the process injured his right knee.
He left the game not to return. He later came through the locker room on crutches.
It’s hard to tell from the video the severity and there is no preliminary word on what happened, only speculation. Rose will get an MRI on Saturday to determine the severity of the injury, reports Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com. The Blazers went on to win the game 98-95.
This is not the knee he had surgically repaired after a torn ACL, an injury that caused him to miss all of last season. However, players compensating after an ACL surgery then injuring the other leg has been known to happen.
Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
CSN Northwest’s Isaac Ropp tweeted this out.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9