Nov 23, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins, as we all know, has a short temper. The Clippers, as we all know, aren’t above trying to get under a player’s skin.
Put the two together, and you get some fireworks.
After the Clippers squeaked out a win at home over the Kings, Cousins wasn’t afraid to show his displeasure with the result. As Kings guard Isaiah Thomas went to shake hands with Chris Paul after the game, Cousins put an end to any friendliness or show of sportsmanship that was about to take place. (via @crabdribbles)
Thomas can do a lot of things on the court despite his stature, but stopping Cousins from dragging him away is apparently not one of those things. He tried to double-back to not leave Paul hanging, but Cousins wasn’t having it.
Paul and Cousins have sniped at each other plenty over the years, and this was Paul’s response to the whole ordeal after the game:
Chris Paul on DeMarcus Cousins preventing Thomas from shaking his hand: “He young man. He don’t know better. He needs some guidance”
— John Dickinson (@JDJohnDickinson) November 23, 2013
I have to say, “He needs some guidance” is one of the better digs I’ve seen in a while, even if Paul didn’t have to say much after the victory.
Cousins is a pretty polarizing guy in general, and stopping his teammates from shaking hands with the opponent falls in line with that. Some people like the animosity and the return to the “golden days” where players all wanted to rip each other’s throats out instead of be best friends. Others think that Cousins is just being a poor sport.
One thing is for sure: Cousins’ hatred for the Clippers is palpable, and it’s definitely entertaining.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7