Nov 22, 2013, 2:31 AM EDT
A few grades from the two NBA games Thursday night, or what you missed while you were watching Ron Burgundy sing Loverboy tunes…
Oklahoma City Thunder bench. The starters staked the team a lead but the Thunder bench carried that over and got the win over the Clippers Thursday night. Jeremy Lamb had 11 points and was +9, Reggie Jackson had 9 points and was +14, Steven Adams had 6 points, 7 rebounds and was +10. Jackson is looking better and better — and more expensive for OKC to keep — every game.
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers. This was a game for those that say all he can do is dunk should have watched. Griffin was human attacking the rim, just 5-of-10 inside 8 feet. But out on the left side of the court he was 5-of-6 from the midrange, showing off a more confident jumpshot that he was quick to release. He also showed off a jump hook off glass from left block. There was real variety to his game — he needs to be more consistent at it, but his offensive game is improving (check out The Extra Pass post in the morning to find out more). The other end of the court… that’s another post for another day.
Nate Robinson, Denver Nuggets. This was pretty much the microcosm of Nate Robinson’s game. What do we want to talk about? Those two threes at the start of the fourth quarter to spark the 13-0 run that put the game away for Denver. We want to talk about how he stuck it to his former team. In reality, he was 3-of-13 shooting to get his 11 points. It’s that inefficiency — and his defense — that drives coaches crazy. It’s why he bounces around. But he plays with passion and he makes plays — he’s hard not to watch.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48