Nov 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
After Dwight Howard signed w/ Houston, Rockets GM Daryl Morey sent Mark Cuban text asking about dealing for Dirk. Cuban took it as a taunt.—
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) November 23, 2013
Yes, it was a taunt. And a good one.
First, everyone around the league knows Cuban isn’t trading Dirk Nowitzki for anything. Second, while the Rockets could use a stretch four and all, not sure Nowitzki is the building block for the future they want to take on.
I love that Morey would do this. Not sure Cuban likes it as much as I did, but it strikes me as the kind of taunting/jokes my friends and I do with each other, although the stakes aren’t quite as high. I love the idea that there is some trash talk between front offices.
Not sure Cuban thought it was all that funny, though.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 13
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32