Nov 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
After Dwight Howard signed w/ Houston, Rockets GM Daryl Morey sent Mark Cuban text asking about dealing for Dirk. Cuban took it as a taunt.—
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) November 23, 2013
Yes, it was a taunt. And a good one.
First, everyone around the league knows Cuban isn’t trading Dirk Nowitzki for anything. Second, while the Rockets could use a stretch four and all, not sure Nowitzki is the building block for the future they want to take on.
I love that Morey would do this. Not sure Cuban likes it as much as I did, but it strikes me as the kind of taunting/jokes my friends and I do with each other, although the stakes aren’t quite as high. I love the idea that there is some trash talk between front offices.
Not sure Cuban thought it was all that funny, though.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29