Nov 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
After Dwight Howard signed w/ Houston, Rockets GM Daryl Morey sent Mark Cuban text asking about dealing for Dirk. Cuban took it as a taunt.—
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) November 23, 2013
Yes, it was a taunt. And a good one.
First, everyone around the league knows Cuban isn’t trading Dirk Nowitzki for anything. Second, while the Rockets could use a stretch four and all, not sure Nowitzki is the building block for the future they want to take on.
I love that Morey would do this. Not sure Cuban likes it as much as I did, but it strikes me as the kind of taunting/jokes my friends and I do with each other, although the stakes aren’t quite as high. I love the idea that there is some trash talk between front offices.
Not sure Cuban thought it was all that funny, though.
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 9
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 3
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9