Report: Daryl Morey taunted Mark Cuban in text after signing Dwight Howard

Nov 22, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT

Yes, it was a taunt. And a good one.

First, everyone around the league knows Cuban isn’t trading Dirk Nowitzki for anything. Second, while the Rockets could use a stretch four and all, not sure Nowitzki is the building block for the future they want to take on.

I love that Morey would do this. Not sure Cuban likes it as much as I did, but it strikes me as the kind of taunting/jokes my friends and I do with each other, although the stakes aren’t quite as high. I love the idea that there is some trash talk between front offices.

Not sure Cuban thought it was all that funny, though.

1. JHathwell - Nov 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Cuban’s plan was to taunt Morey via tex every time Dwight misses a FT, but alas he had to abandon it just two weeks in after he developed acute Carpal Tunnel syndrom

e.

2. torontofalcon - Nov 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM

At the time it was funny but the rockets are not looking as good as people envisioned them

3. dinofrank60 - Nov 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I’m sure Morey and Cuban are having fun and are comparing ring sizes which… oh, wait Morey doesn’t have a ring. Oops,sorry…

• daddyghi - Nov 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM

the way the rockets are playing recently, Cuban is looking like he’ll have the last laugh..

4. stophatinhouston - Nov 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Houston got’s two back to back championships ohhhhh!!!!

5. stophatinhouston - Nov 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM

back to back champions!!!!ohhhhh!!!

6. titansbro - Nov 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Howard is soo overrated.

7. thetooloftools - Nov 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Howard is a Clown Boy. He is not a leader. Players have to push him to play like he even remotely gives a damn. Do you know where Howard will lead Houston? The same place he lead Orlando and LA to. No where. I’m glad The Mavs didn’t get him.

• homergreenz - Nov 23, 2013 at 4:43 AM

He led Orlando to the Finals…Do you know what league it is you are talking about?

• homergreenz - Nov 23, 2013 at 9:57 AM

9 (and counting) so-called fans of the NBA are saddened by the fact that Howard led the Magic to the NBA Finals.

• homergreenz - Nov 23, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Oh I get it, you just started following the NBA two years ago…

I hope this helps:

8. 00maltliquor - Nov 23, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Kinda off topic a bit but I love how loyal Cuban is to Dirk. I hope he stays a Mav for life.

Back to the topic…that was pretty funny Morey!

9. eugenesaxe1 - Nov 23, 2013 at 2:40 AM

“not sure Nowitzki is the building block for the future they want to take on.”

They don’t need him for the future, they need him now. And I’m sure Morey would love to have him if he didn’t have to give up Harden/howard to get him.

10. MyTeamsAllStink - Nov 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

When the Charlotte Hornets are back next season the rockets and mavs will become Obselete

11. wowwowbad - Nov 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

what’s so funny? you’ve got dwight and you still get record like this…

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview