Nov 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
See, you can get through a full interview with Stan Van Gundy and not bring up Dwight Howard once.
Stan Van Gundy, former Miami Heat and Orlando Magic head coach, joined myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio for the Nov. 22 edition of the ProBasketballTalk Podcast.
Rather than talk about the tired Howard subject, we chose to focus on the coaching jobs guys were doing around the NBA. That includes Van Gundy’s former assistant Steve Clifford who has the Bobcats off to a 5-5 start, plus we talk some of what Brett Brown and Jacque Vaugn face in their jobs.
Then we move on to talk about Portland and Terry Stotts, the challenges Mike Woodson faces — to say Stan Van Gundy hates the Knicks roster is an understatement — and what Jason Kidd faces as well.
Plus there is a little Kobe Bryant return talk, as is required by law. Kobe talk is at the start, before Van Gundy jumps in.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7