Nov 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
See, you can get through a full interview with Stan Van Gundy and not bring up Dwight Howard once.
Stan Van Gundy, former Miami Heat and Orlando Magic head coach, joined myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio for the Nov. 22 edition of the ProBasketballTalk Podcast.
Rather than talk about the tired Howard subject, we chose to focus on the coaching jobs guys were doing around the NBA. That includes Van Gundy’s former assistant Steve Clifford who has the Bobcats off to a 5-5 start, plus we talk some of what Brett Brown and Jacque Vaugn face in their jobs.
Then we move on to talk about Portland and Terry Stotts, the challenges Mike Woodson faces — to say Stan Van Gundy hates the Knicks roster is an understatement — and what Jason Kidd faces as well.
Plus there is a little Kobe Bryant return talk, as is required by law. Kobe talk is at the start, before Van Gundy jumps in.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23