Nov 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
See, you can get through a full interview with Stan Van Gundy and not bring up Dwight Howard once.
Stan Van Gundy, former Miami Heat and Orlando Magic head coach, joined myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio for the Nov. 22 edition of the ProBasketballTalk Podcast.
Rather than talk about the tired Howard subject, we chose to focus on the coaching jobs guys were doing around the NBA. That includes Van Gundy’s former assistant Steve Clifford who has the Bobcats off to a 5-5 start, plus we talk some of what Brett Brown and Jacque Vaugn face in their jobs.
Then we move on to talk about Portland and Terry Stotts, the challenges Mike Woodson faces — to say Stan Van Gundy hates the Knicks roster is an understatement — and what Jason Kidd faces as well.
Plus there is a little Kobe Bryant return talk, as is required by law. Kobe talk is at the start, before Van Gundy jumps in.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15