Nov 22, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
See, you can get through a full interview with Stan Van Gundy and not bring up Dwight Howard once.
Stan Van Gundy, former Miami Heat and Orlando Magic head coach, joined myself and Eyton Shander of NBC Sports Radio for the Nov. 22 edition of the ProBasketballTalk Podcast.
Rather than talk about the tired Howard subject, we chose to focus on the coaching jobs guys were doing around the NBA. That includes Van Gundy’s former assistant Steve Clifford who has the Bobcats off to a 5-5 start, plus we talk some of what Brett Brown and Jacque Vaugn face in their jobs.
Then we move on to talk about Portland and Terry Stotts, the challenges Mike Woodson faces — to say Stan Van Gundy hates the Knicks roster is an understatement — and what Jason Kidd faces as well.
Plus there is a little Kobe Bryant return talk, as is required by law. Kobe talk is at the start, before Van Gundy jumps in.
Check it out by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37