Nov 22, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
There are a lot of things that need to get turned around for 3-8 Brooklyn. On the offensive end of the court they need Deron Williams and Brook Lopez to take charge and make everyone else a role player. On the defensive end they need to be more cohesive, stop fouling and be stronger on the glass.
But none of that is going to happen if they can’t get healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
For those of you scoring at home, that will be four games missed by Lopez with his ankle sprain. Expect to see a whole lot more Andray Blatche.
On the PBT Podcast this week Stan Van Gundy said he still expects the Nets to turn it around and be a top four team in the East, but that they had to expect injury issues with this roster (just not so much to D-Will and Lopez).
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23