Nov 22, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
There are a lot of things that need to get turned around for 3-8 Brooklyn. On the offensive end of the court they need Deron Williams and Brook Lopez to take charge and make everyone else a role player. On the defensive end they need to be more cohesive, stop fouling and be stronger on the glass.
But none of that is going to happen if they can’t get healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
For those of you scoring at home, that will be four games missed by Lopez with his ankle sprain. Expect to see a whole lot more Andray Blatche.
On the PBT Podcast this week Stan Van Gundy said he still expects the Nets to turn it around and be a top four team in the East, but that they had to expect injury issues with this roster (just not so much to D-Will and Lopez).
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19