Nov 22, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
There are a lot of things that need to get turned around for 3-8 Brooklyn. On the offensive end of the court they need Deron Williams and Brook Lopez to take charge and make everyone else a role player. On the defensive end they need to be more cohesive, stop fouling and be stronger on the glass.
But none of that is going to happen if they can’t get healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
For those of you scoring at home, that will be four games missed by Lopez with his ankle sprain. Expect to see a whole lot more Andray Blatche.
On the PBT Podcast this week Stan Van Gundy said he still expects the Nets to turn it around and be a top four team in the East, but that they had to expect injury issues with this roster (just not so much to D-Will and Lopez).
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 0
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 5
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8