Nov 22, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
There are a lot of things that need to get turned around for 3-8 Brooklyn. On the offensive end of the court they need Deron Williams and Brook Lopez to take charge and make everyone else a role player. On the defensive end they need to be more cohesive, stop fouling and be stronger on the glass.
But none of that is going to happen if they can’t get healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
For those of you scoring at home, that will be four games missed by Lopez with his ankle sprain. Expect to see a whole lot more Andray Blatche.
On the PBT Podcast this week Stan Van Gundy said he still expects the Nets to turn it around and be a top four team in the East, but that they had to expect injury issues with this roster (just not so much to D-Will and Lopez).
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10