Nov 22, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
There are a lot of things that need to get turned around for 3-8 Brooklyn. On the offensive end of the court they need Deron Williams and Brook Lopez to take charge and make everyone else a role player. On the defensive end they need to be more cohesive, stop fouling and be stronger on the glass.
But none of that is going to happen if they can’t get healthy.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
For those of you scoring at home, that will be four games missed by Lopez with his ankle sprain. Expect to see a whole lot more Andray Blatche.
On the PBT Podcast this week Stan Van Gundy said he still expects the Nets to turn it around and be a top four team in the East, but that they had to expect injury issues with this roster (just not so much to D-Will and Lopez).
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17