Nov 21, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Houston seemed in control of this one — up 18 midway through the third quarter, 14 at the start of the fourth, Dwight Howard made his first 11 shots and had 27 points already and was having his way…
Then it all changed.
Dallas shot 73.7 percent in the fourth quarter, with Dirk Nowitzki putting up 14 points in the frame, Monta Ellis 8 and Jose Calderon 7. Meanwhile the Rockets shot just 26 percent. James Harden and Howard were a combined 2-of-10 in the frame. Dallas did everything right, won the quarter 36-19 and the game 123-120.
Great win for Dallas, punch to the gut for the Rockets.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9