Nov 21, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Houston seemed in control of this one — up 18 midway through the third quarter, 14 at the start of the fourth, Dwight Howard made his first 11 shots and had 27 points already and was having his way…
Then it all changed.
Dallas shot 73.7 percent in the fourth quarter, with Dirk Nowitzki putting up 14 points in the frame, Monta Ellis 8 and Jose Calderon 7. Meanwhile the Rockets shot just 26 percent. James Harden and Howard were a combined 2-of-10 in the frame. Dallas did everything right, won the quarter 36-19 and the game 123-120.
Great win for Dallas, punch to the gut for the Rockets.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13