Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
The expectations in Los Angeles are out of control.
The reality is that no matter your will power or conditioning, a ruptured Achilles tendon is tough to come back from. It can be done, but the process is not smooth, it has fits and starts.
Even for Kobe Bryant, who practiced Tuesday and Wednesday with the Lakers, but not Thursday.
This isn’t a setback so much as just par for the course for this injury. Soreness in this recovery is inevitable, but you have to be cautious and not risk reinjury.
This news should put a cap on the speculation Kobe might return this weekend, either Friday or Sunday. After that the Lakers head out on a three game road trip and maybe that is when he returns.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39