Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
The expectations in Los Angeles are out of control.
The reality is that no matter your will power or conditioning, a ruptured Achilles tendon is tough to come back from. It can be done, but the process is not smooth, it has fits and starts.
Even for Kobe Bryant, who practiced Tuesday and Wednesday with the Lakers, but not Thursday.
This isn’t a setback so much as just par for the course for this injury. Soreness in this recovery is inevitable, but you have to be cautious and not risk reinjury.
This news should put a cap on the speculation Kobe might return this weekend, either Friday or Sunday. After that the Lakers head out on a three game road trip and maybe that is when he returns.
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 2
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 15
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 23
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12