Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
The expectations in Los Angeles are out of control.
The reality is that no matter your will power or conditioning, a ruptured Achilles tendon is tough to come back from. It can be done, but the process is not smooth, it has fits and starts.
Even for Kobe Bryant, who practiced Tuesday and Wednesday with the Lakers, but not Thursday.
This isn’t a setback so much as just par for the course for this injury. Soreness in this recovery is inevitable, but you have to be cautious and not risk reinjury.
This news should put a cap on the speculation Kobe might return this weekend, either Friday or Sunday. After that the Lakers head out on a three game road trip and maybe that is when he returns.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20