Nov 21, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
The expectations in Los Angeles are out of control.
The reality is that no matter your will power or conditioning, a ruptured Achilles tendon is tough to come back from. It can be done, but the process is not smooth, it has fits and starts.
Even for Kobe Bryant, who practiced Tuesday and Wednesday with the Lakers, but not Thursday.
This isn’t a setback so much as just par for the course for this injury. Soreness in this recovery is inevitable, but you have to be cautious and not risk reinjury.
This news should put a cap on the speculation Kobe might return this weekend, either Friday or Sunday. After that the Lakers head out on a three game road trip and maybe that is when he returns.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6