Nov 21, 2013, 1:01 AM EDT
It’s not the most thrilling highlight ever, but with this free throw Dirk Nowitzki had his 25,280th career point, which moved him past Reggie Miller into 15th place on the all-time scoring list.
Nowitzki finished the game with 35 points on 20 shots and was a key reason Dallas beat Houston 123-120.
Dirk Nowitzki will go down as the greatest European player ever in the NBA, a guy whose one-legged fadeaway is as unstoppable a shot as the league has seen. We need to savor getting to see him play while we can.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21