Nov 21, 2013, 1:01 AM EDT
It’s not the most thrilling highlight ever, but with this free throw Dirk Nowitzki had his 25,280th career point, which moved him past Reggie Miller into 15th place on the all-time scoring list.
Nowitzki finished the game with 35 points on 20 shots and was a key reason Dallas beat Houston 123-120.
Dirk Nowitzki will go down as the greatest European player ever in the NBA, a guy whose one-legged fadeaway is as unstoppable a shot as the league has seen. We need to savor getting to see him play while we can.
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 0
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 4
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 4
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 80
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7