Nov 21, 2013, 6:14 PM EST
We told you this morning a fine was likely coming for this — the league gets very protective of the fans in the high-priced seats.
While the Dallas Mavericks were making their fourth quarter comeback Wednesday night, a frustrated Dwight Howard tossed the ball at a fan heckling him. It wasn’t thrown, nobody got hurt, but you knew the second it happened the league was not going to be okay with this.
Thursday Howard got a $25,000 fine from the league for “throwing the ball into the stands.”
Howard is now kind of the new big name star everyone can’t stand after his handling of leaving Orlando then Los Angeles (he takes over that mantle from LeBron James, who took it over from Kobe Bryant). Even Vince Carter is piling on. He is going to get heckled and harassed everywhere and he is going to have to both mature and develop a very thick skin or this will start to bleed over into his game. This incident clearly got to him, at least a little.
And it cost him 25 large.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:59 AM EST
The Warriors are just simply a fun team to watch play.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:03 AM EST
I’d take this Finals matchup.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:17 AM EST
Lucas also previously played for Memphis
Jan 27, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Hornets also reportedly had interest in Heat point guard
Jan 27, 2015, 10:51 PM EST
Buss would have turned 82 today
Jan 27, 2015, 10:09 PM EST
Heat blow lead to Bucks without star guard
Jan 27, 2015, 9:25 PM EST
Following Pistons basket, Cavaliers run awesome insta-fastbreak
Jan 27, 2015, 8:27 PM EST
One Clipper has a better chance than the other
Jan 27, 2015, 7:23 PM EST
The best news may be the return to the classic dunk contest format.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:50 PM EST
Barring any setbacks with hand injury
Jan 27, 2015, 5:59 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks, is there anything they can’t do?
Jan 27, 2015, 5:15 PM EST
My gaming experience suggests you talk a lot of trash to the guy next to you.
Jan 27, 2015, 4:29 PM EST
Not a huge shock coming from Barnes.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
It essentially uses increased jock tax revenue to pay off the bonds.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
Shumpert dribbled it off his foot against the Thunder, then tweeted the clip.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Players like a routine, a rhythm to games, and the Lakers are chaos theory.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
The East is so bad that the Pistons are still within reach.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
This is the third consecutive year Bryant has had his season prematurely ended due to injury.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Hollins was reportedly not brought back in Memphis because of an aversion to the use of advanced statistics.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
New York doesn’t want to offer Galloway any guaranteed money for next season.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 0
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6