Nov 21, 2013, 6:14 PM EDT
We told you this morning a fine was likely coming for this — the league gets very protective of the fans in the high-priced seats.
While the Dallas Mavericks were making their fourth quarter comeback Wednesday night, a frustrated Dwight Howard tossed the ball at a fan heckling him. It wasn’t thrown, nobody got hurt, but you knew the second it happened the league was not going to be okay with this.
Thursday Howard got a $25,000 fine from the league for “throwing the ball into the stands.”
Howard is now kind of the new big name star everyone can’t stand after his handling of leaving Orlando then Los Angeles (he takes over that mantle from LeBron James, who took it over from Kobe Bryant). Even Vince Carter is piling on. He is going to get heckled and harassed everywhere and he is going to have to both mature and develop a very thick skin or this will start to bleed over into his game. This incident clearly got to him, at least a little.
And it cost him 25 large.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 1
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6