Nov 21, 2013, 6:14 PM EDT
We told you this morning a fine was likely coming for this — the league gets very protective of the fans in the high-priced seats.
While the Dallas Mavericks were making their fourth quarter comeback Wednesday night, a frustrated Dwight Howard tossed the ball at a fan heckling him. It wasn’t thrown, nobody got hurt, but you knew the second it happened the league was not going to be okay with this.
Thursday Howard got a $25,000 fine from the league for “throwing the ball into the stands.”
Howard is now kind of the new big name star everyone can’t stand after his handling of leaving Orlando then Los Angeles (he takes over that mantle from LeBron James, who took it over from Kobe Bryant). Even Vince Carter is piling on. He is going to get heckled and harassed everywhere and he is going to have to both mature and develop a very thick skin or this will start to bleed over into his game. This incident clearly got to him, at least a little.
And it cost him 25 large.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9