Nov 21, 2013, 6:14 PM EST
We told you this morning a fine was likely coming for this — the league gets very protective of the fans in the high-priced seats.
While the Dallas Mavericks were making their fourth quarter comeback Wednesday night, a frustrated Dwight Howard tossed the ball at a fan heckling him. It wasn’t thrown, nobody got hurt, but you knew the second it happened the league was not going to be okay with this.
Thursday Howard got a $25,000 fine from the league for “throwing the ball into the stands.”
Howard is now kind of the new big name star everyone can’t stand after his handling of leaving Orlando then Los Angeles (he takes over that mantle from LeBron James, who took it over from Kobe Bryant). Even Vince Carter is piling on. He is going to get heckled and harassed everywhere and he is going to have to both mature and develop a very thick skin or this will start to bleed over into his game. This incident clearly got to him, at least a little.
And it cost him 25 large.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17