Nov 21, 2013, 6:14 PM EDT
We told you this morning a fine was likely coming for this — the league gets very protective of the fans in the high-priced seats.
While the Dallas Mavericks were making their fourth quarter comeback Wednesday night, a frustrated Dwight Howard tossed the ball at a fan heckling him. It wasn’t thrown, nobody got hurt, but you knew the second it happened the league was not going to be okay with this.
Thursday Howard got a $25,000 fine from the league for “throwing the ball into the stands.”
Howard is now kind of the new big name star everyone can’t stand after his handling of leaving Orlando then Los Angeles (he takes over that mantle from LeBron James, who took it over from Kobe Bryant). Even Vince Carter is piling on. He is going to get heckled and harassed everywhere and he is going to have to both mature and develop a very thick skin or this will start to bleed over into his game. This incident clearly got to him, at least a little.
And it cost him 25 large.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28