Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are big on preventative maintenance with Dwyane Wade’s knees this season — he sat out the second game of the season. He also sat out the last two (both Heat wins).
But he is expected back Saturday, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
That will mean six days off between games for Wade. Expect him to be in and out of the lineup like this all season as Miami knows they need Wade healthy come the playoffs, something he ha s not been completely the past couple of years.
Wade has the best +/- on the Heat at +17.5 per 48 minutes this season (via NBA.com).
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18