Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are big on preventative maintenance with Dwyane Wade’s knees this season — he sat out the second game of the season. He also sat out the last two (both Heat wins).
But he is expected back Saturday, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
That will mean six days off between games for Wade. Expect him to be in and out of the lineup like this all season as Miami knows they need Wade healthy come the playoffs, something he ha s not been completely the past couple of years.
Wade has the best +/- on the Heat at +17.5 per 48 minutes this season (via NBA.com).
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36