Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EST
The Miami Heat are big on preventative maintenance with Dwyane Wade’s knees this season — he sat out the second game of the season. He also sat out the last two (both Heat wins).
But he is expected back Saturday, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
That will mean six days off between games for Wade. Expect him to be in and out of the lineup like this all season as Miami knows they need Wade healthy come the playoffs, something he ha s not been completely the past couple of years.
Wade has the best +/- on the Heat at +17.5 per 48 minutes this season (via NBA.com).
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13