Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are big on preventative maintenance with Dwyane Wade’s knees this season — he sat out the second game of the season. He also sat out the last two (both Heat wins).
But he is expected back Saturday, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
That will mean six days off between games for Wade. Expect him to be in and out of the lineup like this all season as Miami knows they need Wade healthy come the playoffs, something he ha s not been completely the past couple of years.
Wade has the best +/- on the Heat at +17.5 per 48 minutes this season (via NBA.com).
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20