Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are big on preventative maintenance with Dwyane Wade’s knees this season — he sat out the second game of the season. He also sat out the last two (both Heat wins).
But he is expected back Saturday, reports Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
That will mean six days off between games for Wade. Expect him to be in and out of the lineup like this all season as Miami knows they need Wade healthy come the playoffs, something he ha s not been completely the past couple of years.
Wade has the best +/- on the Heat at +17.5 per 48 minutes this season (via NBA.com).
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13