Nov 20, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
It took all of about one game for Michael Carter-Williams to become everyone’s favorite rookie and the new face of Philadelphia 76ers basketball.
However a bruised foot sidelined him the last four games (three of them Sixers losses). Without him there isn’t much to cheer about around the Sixers.
So it’s good news that he will be back Wednesday night when Philadelphia hosts Toronto, as reported by Dei Lynam at CSNPhilly.com.
He participated in a full shootaround this morning, working with the other four starters.
“I feel good,” Carter-Williams said. “I told Coach and the trainers that my foot feels good and that I am ready to go….
“I am just going to go out there and be aggressive and try to keep playing the way I was,” Carter-Williams said. “I am not going to try and do anything extra; I am going to try and get my teammates involved and ease my way back into it. I am not going to try and play 110 percent, I am just going to play my game.”
Carter Williams is averaging 17.4 points and 7.6 assists per game so far this season. Those numbers are likely to come back to earth a little as opposing defenses start to focus on him, — his shooting needs work, as expected when he was drafted. He is shooting 38.9 percent overall and is shooting only 43.4 percent inside eight feet of the rim. He is clearly more comfortable as a shooter on the left side of the floor, so defenses will start to force him right.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Yet there is still a lot of promise there. The Sixers look like they have one piece of the rebuilding puzzle, plus one that is just fun to watch. It’s good to have MCW back.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5