Nov 20, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Wednesday night Deron Williams was back on the court for the Nets, recovered from the ankle injury that had sidelined him…
Well, at least he was for two quarters.
In the second quarter he tweaked his ankle again when he stepped on Kebma Walker’s foot. Williams shot his two free throws off the foul on the play, but then the Nets intentionally fouled so he could exit the game.
Williams went to the bench and did not start the third quarter (Shaun Livingston was in his place). Williams is out for the night.
The injury didn’t look that bad, but for a guy just coming off an ankle injury it’s not good. Once you sprain an ankle it is easier to re-injure and become a lingering thing, which is what the Nets want to avoid with D-Will.
They have enough problems and need to keep him healthy.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65