Nov 20, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Wednesday night Deron Williams was back on the court for the Nets, recovered from the ankle injury that had sidelined him…
Well, at least he was for two quarters.
In the second quarter he tweaked his ankle again when he stepped on Kebma Walker’s foot. Williams shot his two free throws off the foul on the play, but then the Nets intentionally fouled so he could exit the game.
Williams went to the bench and did not start the third quarter (Shaun Livingston was in his place). Williams is out for the night.
The injury didn’t look that bad, but for a guy just coming off an ankle injury it’s not good. Once you sprain an ankle it is easier to re-injure and become a lingering thing, which is what the Nets want to avoid with D-Will.
They have enough problems and need to keep him healthy.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2