Nov 20, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Wednesday night Deron Williams was back on the court for the Nets, recovered from the ankle injury that had sidelined him…
Well, at least he was for two quarters.
In the second quarter he tweaked his ankle again when he stepped on Kebma Walker’s foot. Williams shot his two free throws off the foul on the play, but then the Nets intentionally fouled so he could exit the game.
Williams went to the bench and did not start the third quarter (Shaun Livingston was in his place). Williams is out for the night.
The injury didn’t look that bad, but for a guy just coming off an ankle injury it’s not good. Once you sprain an ankle it is easier to re-injure and become a lingering thing, which is what the Nets want to avoid with D-Will.
They have enough problems and need to keep him healthy.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20