Nov 20, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Wednesday night Deron Williams was back on the court for the Nets, recovered from the ankle injury that had sidelined him…
Well, at least he was for two quarters.
In the second quarter he tweaked his ankle again when he stepped on Kebma Walker’s foot. Williams shot his two free throws off the foul on the play, but then the Nets intentionally fouled so he could exit the game.
Williams went to the bench and did not start the third quarter (Shaun Livingston was in his place). Williams is out for the night.
The injury didn’t look that bad, but for a guy just coming off an ankle injury it’s not good. Once you sprain an ankle it is easier to re-injure and become a lingering thing, which is what the Nets want to avoid with D-Will.
They have enough problems and need to keep him healthy.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35