Nov 20, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Wednesday night Deron Williams was back on the court for the Nets, recovered from the ankle injury that had sidelined him…
Well, at least he was for two quarters.
In the second quarter he tweaked his ankle again when he stepped on Kebma Walker’s foot. Williams shot his two free throws off the foul on the play, but then the Nets intentionally fouled so he could exit the game.
Williams went to the bench and did not start the third quarter (Shaun Livingston was in his place). Williams is out for the night.
The injury didn’t look that bad, but for a guy just coming off an ankle injury it’s not good. Once you sprain an ankle it is easier to re-injure and become a lingering thing, which is what the Nets want to avoid with D-Will.
They have enough problems and need to keep him healthy.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4