Nov 20, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Last game without Deron Williams on the court, the Brooklyn Nets offense degenerated in the second half to a series of isolations that Portland could defend and helped fuel the Trail Blazers comeback.
Frankly, that has happened in other games with Williams on the court, but at least he’s a guy who can put an end to that mess — and he’ll be back Wednesday.
Williams will be back in the starting lineup and without a minutes restriction Wednesday night when the Nets take on the Bobcats, tweets Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Brooklyn is coming off an embarrassing loss to Portland and a players-only meeting to hash out some of their issues — they should play with a little more urgency on Wednesday. Should.
We’ll see if someone will take charge of the offense, distribute to the guys with the mismatches (or hot hand, if you think that exists) and generally run it like an NBA offense should be run, not one where everyone gets a turn with the ball. That’s what Brooklyn needs.
It’s what D-Will needs to deliver.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8