Nov 20, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Last game without Deron Williams on the court, the Brooklyn Nets offense degenerated in the second half to a series of isolations that Portland could defend and helped fuel the Trail Blazers comeback.
Frankly, that has happened in other games with Williams on the court, but at least he’s a guy who can put an end to that mess — and he’ll be back Wednesday.
Williams will be back in the starting lineup and without a minutes restriction Wednesday night when the Nets take on the Bobcats, tweets Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Brooklyn is coming off an embarrassing loss to Portland and a players-only meeting to hash out some of their issues — they should play with a little more urgency on Wednesday. Should.
We’ll see if someone will take charge of the offense, distribute to the guys with the mismatches (or hot hand, if you think that exists) and generally run it like an NBA offense should be run, not one where everyone gets a turn with the ball. That’s what Brooklyn needs.
It’s what D-Will needs to deliver.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20