Nov 20, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Chicago has finally started to find a groove — a five-game win streak where their defense has been the best in the NBA (85 points per 100 possessions) and their offense has been good enough (14th in the league in that time). It’s been very Bulls basketball.
Now, the basketball gods have thrown another hurdle in the Bulls way.
Starting two guard Jimmy Butler is out with a sprained right big toe — better known as turf toe — and not with the team as it heads out on a six-game road trip, the team announced after getting a look at the MRI results.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
This is a week-to-week thing not day-to-day, something Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports sheds a little more light on.
Butler is a key part of the defensive glue for the Bulls but he contributes on both ends. So far this season he has averaged 11.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.8 steals in 29.8 minutes a night.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16