Nov 19, 2013, 1:27 PM EST
The news was not good but it was what was expected: an MRI on Jermaine O’Neal confirmed a bruised right knee and right groin strain. The backup big man is going to miss some time.
For depth, the Warriors signed Dewayne Dedmon from their D-League affiliate in Santa Cruz, reports CSNBayArea.com.
Dedmon was signed for training camp by the Warriors and was one of the last cuts, then sent to the D-League to develop (which hasn’t really happened as that season doesn’t start until Friday, but they need him now).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Dedmon was an undrafted 6’11” center out of USC, he has good athleticism and the body of an NBA center but he is raw — he has only been playing basketball for five years — and he needs to develop. He is strong on the glass already. He’s never going to be an offensive force but they hope he can become a strong, defensive-minded backup center who can finish at the rim. Eventually.
Which is to say, don’t put him on your fantasy team. But he is up with the big boys for a while.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7