Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Denver would not go away. Kevin Durant hit a three a minute before that felt like a dagger but Denver kept coming back, getting within striking distance. So Russell Westbrook put his own dagger in. With style.
Up two with less than 30 seconds left he drove, got by his man then just crossed up J.J. Hickson on his way to the lay-up that really was the dagger.
Westbrook finished with 30 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in the warriors win.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3