Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Denver would not go away. Kevin Durant hit a three a minute before that felt like a dagger but Denver kept coming back, getting within striking distance. So Russell Westbrook put his own dagger in. With style.
Up two with less than 30 seconds left he drove, got by his man then just crossed up J.J. Hickson on his way to the lay-up that really was the dagger.
Westbrook finished with 30 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in the warriors win.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20