Nov 19, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Denver would not go away. Kevin Durant hit a three a minute before that felt like a dagger but Denver kept coming back, getting within striking distance. So Russell Westbrook put his own dagger in. With style.
Up two with less than 30 seconds left he drove, got by his man then just crossed up J.J. Hickson on his way to the lay-up that really was the dagger.
Westbrook finished with 30 points, 12 rebounds and 7 assists in the warriors win.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49