Nov 19, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The next games after that are Friday at Dallas and Sunday at Oklahoma City for the Jazz.
12:53 pm: Utah has the worst offense in the NBA, averaging just 92.2 points per 100 possessions,. They have an eFG% (combines two and three pointers) of 44 percent which is second worst in the league and 4.7 percent off the league median, plus the Jazz are turning the ball over on a league high 18.8 percent of their possessions.
The Jazz were counting on rookie Trey Burke to run their offense this season but he has been out with a broken finger. And although one man is not going to solve their offensive issues (at least one man not named LeBron or Durant) getting him back would be a step toward seeing if he is the point guard of the future and how this will all mesh.
Looks like we will find out soon — Burke returns to Jazz practice Tuesday and could make his debut Wednesday, reports Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
I am one of those high on Burke’s potential at the point (I thought he was the leading Rookie of the Year candidate before he got injured). He’s a polished, aggressive young point guard who is strong on the pick-and-roll (remember Michigan ran an NBA-style offense).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
It’s going to be an adjustment in the NBA — the players are longer and faster, and while he could finish inside in college it will be a bigger challenge in the NBA. There are also questions about his defense.
Still, I’m excited to see Burke on the court.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18