Nov 19, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The next games after that are Friday at Dallas and Sunday at Oklahoma City for the Jazz.
12:53 pm: Utah has the worst offense in the NBA, averaging just 92.2 points per 100 possessions,. They have an eFG% (combines two and three pointers) of 44 percent which is second worst in the league and 4.7 percent off the league median, plus the Jazz are turning the ball over on a league high 18.8 percent of their possessions.
The Jazz were counting on rookie Trey Burke to run their offense this season but he has been out with a broken finger. And although one man is not going to solve their offensive issues (at least one man not named LeBron or Durant) getting him back would be a step toward seeing if he is the point guard of the future and how this will all mesh.
Looks like we will find out soon — Burke returns to Jazz practice Tuesday and could make his debut Wednesday, reports Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
Jazz PG Trey Burke is expected to practice and may go through scrimmage. Possibility exists he'll see playing time Wednesday in New Orleans.—
Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) November 19, 2013
I am one of those high on Burke’s potential at the point (I thought he was the leading Rookie of the Year candidate before he got injured). He’s a polished, aggressive young point guard who is strong on the pick-and-roll (remember Michigan ran an NBA-style offense).
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
It’s going to be an adjustment in the NBA — the players are longer and faster, and while he could finish inside in college it will be a bigger challenge in the NBA. There are also questions about his defense.
Still, I’m excited to see Burke on the court.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 5
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43