Nov 19, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Allen said as much and I believe him — I don’t think he intentionally tried to kick Chris Paul in the face. I think he got badly burned leapt to cut off a pass that wasn’t coming, realized he was beat and tried to kick the ball to stop the play or foul Paul. But not in a malicious, boot-to-the-face kind of way.
Still, a kick to the face is a kick to the face, so on Tuesday the league suspended Allen for one game for the incident.
Allen will sit out Wednesday night when the Grizzlies take on the Warriors. Stephen Curry will sit out that game for Golden State due to a concussion.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10