Nov 19, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Tony Allen said as much and I believe him — I don’t think he intentionally tried to kick Chris Paul in the face. I think he got badly burned leapt to cut off a pass that wasn’t coming, realized he was beat and tried to kick the ball to stop the play or foul Paul. But not in a malicious, boot-to-the-face kind of way.
Still, a kick to the face is a kick to the face, so on Tuesday the league suspended Allen for one game for the incident.
Allen will sit out Wednesday night when the Grizzlies take on the Warriors. Stephen Curry will sit out that game for Golden State due to a concussion.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30