Nov 19, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Allen said as much and I believe him — I don’t think he intentionally tried to kick Chris Paul in the face. I think he got badly burned leapt to cut off a pass that wasn’t coming, realized he was beat and tried to kick the ball to stop the play or foul Paul. But not in a malicious, boot-to-the-face kind of way.
Still, a kick to the face is a kick to the face, so on Tuesday the league suspended Allen for one game for the incident.
Allen will sit out Wednesday night when the Grizzlies take on the Warriors. Stephen Curry will sit out that game for Golden State due to a concussion.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 36
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38