Nov 19, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Tony Allen said as much and I believe him — I don’t think he intentionally tried to kick Chris Paul in the face. I think he got badly burned leapt to cut off a pass that wasn’t coming, realized he was beat and tried to kick the ball to stop the play or foul Paul. But not in a malicious, boot-to-the-face kind of way.
Still, a kick to the face is a kick to the face, so on Tuesday the league suspended Allen for one game for the incident.
Allen will sit out Wednesday night when the Grizzlies take on the Warriors. Stephen Curry will sit out that game for Golden State due to a concussion.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0