Nov 19, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Tony Allen said as much and I believe him — I don’t think he intentionally tried to kick Chris Paul in the face. I think he got badly burned leapt to cut off a pass that wasn’t coming, realized he was beat and tried to kick the ball to stop the play or foul Paul. But not in a malicious, boot-to-the-face kind of way.
Still, a kick to the face is a kick to the face, so on Tuesday the league suspended Allen for one game for the incident.
Allen will sit out Wednesday night when the Grizzlies take on the Warriors. Stephen Curry will sit out that game for Golden State due to a concussion.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13