Nov 19, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
Kobe Bryant practiced on Tuesday — a full five-on-five practice with the Lakers — the first of three days of practice for the Lakers. Then he spoke to the media after the game pumping up the mythology of his near invincibility.
But don’t expect him to play Friday night.
Kobe practiced and spoke to the media, here are the key quotes:
So what about Kobe playing Friday? D’Antoni called it “near impossible.”
The conventional wisdom is close to Thanksgiving for his return. The Lakers are at home Friday and Sunday, and then head out on the road for three games.
The reports from what the media did see is that Kobe was moving well and with him out there the practice was more energized and intense.
Still, practice is one thing and game speed is another (just ask Derrick Rose). Kobe will have an adjustment period when he returns, as will his Lakers teammates as they have to get used to playing with him again. The Lakers need to figure out what their new identity will be.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:44 AM EST
DeMar DeRozan says he’s right next to Lowry on this.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:01 AM EST
And it’s got Tupac.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Westbrook had the numbers but Bledsoe was efficient.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He’s officially doubtful for Friday against the Pacers.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
You reach, Curry will teach.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:55 AM EST
If you had any doubts about the Cavs, they answered them.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:15 AM EST
He was 86.
Feb 27, 2015, 12:55 AM EST
LeBron looked at Stephen Curry across the way and decided to make his own MVP statement.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:59 PM EST
Fancy footwork on display.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Rose will undergo surgery Friday morning.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
Stoudemire has interest in a reunion.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Yes it’s a little late in coming, but it’s worth remembering what a quality player he was.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
“30 minutes with Marv Albert is enough.”
Feb 26, 2015, 6:31 PM EST
Doc Rivers the GM is doing Doc Rivers the coach wrong.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:45 PM EST
He is having all or part of the meniscus removed, which makes for a faster recovery.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
While in theory he could return for a few games, in practice that’s not going to happen.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:14 PM EST
Good luck prying Cousins from Sacramento
Feb 26, 2015, 3:27 PM EST
He is weeks away from playing in a game.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:58 PM EST
3. An unfair standard
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 6
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44