Nov 19, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
Kobe Bryant practiced on Tuesday — a full five-on-five practice with the Lakers — the first of three days of practice for the Lakers. Then he spoke to the media after the game pumping up the mythology of his near invincibility.
But don’t expect him to play Friday night.
Kobe practiced and spoke to the media, here are the key quotes:
So what about Kobe playing Friday? D’Antoni called it “near impossible.”
The conventional wisdom is close to Thanksgiving for his return. The Lakers are at home Friday and Sunday, and then head out on the road for three games.
The reports from what the media did see is that Kobe was moving well and with him out there the practice was more energized and intense.
Still, practice is one thing and game speed is another (just ask Derrick Rose). Kobe will have an adjustment period when he returns, as will his Lakers teammates as they have to get used to playing with him again. The Lakers need to figure out what their new identity will be.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20