Nov 19, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant practiced on Tuesday — a full five-on-five practice with the Lakers — the first of three days of practice for the Lakers. Then he spoke to the media after the game pumping up the mythology of his near invincibility.
But don’t expect him to play Friday night.
Kobe practiced and spoke to the media, here are the key quotes:
So what about Kobe playing Friday? D’Antoni called it “near impossible.”
The conventional wisdom is close to Thanksgiving for his return. The Lakers are at home Friday and Sunday, and then head out on the road for three games.
The reports from what the media did see is that Kobe was moving well and with him out there the practice was more energized and intense.
Still, practice is one thing and game speed is another (just ask Derrick Rose). Kobe will have an adjustment period when he returns, as will his Lakers teammates as they have to get used to playing with him again. The Lakers need to figure out what their new identity will be.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17