Nov 19, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
Kobe Bryant practiced on Tuesday — a full five-on-five practice with the Lakers — the first of three days of practice for the Lakers. Then he spoke to the media after the game pumping up the mythology of his near invincibility.
But don’t expect him to play Friday night.
Kobe practiced and spoke to the media, here are the key quotes:
So what about Kobe playing Friday? D’Antoni called it “near impossible.”
The conventional wisdom is close to Thanksgiving for his return. The Lakers are at home Friday and Sunday, and then head out on the road for three games.
The reports from what the media did see is that Kobe was moving well and with him out there the practice was more energized and intense.
Still, practice is one thing and game speed is another (just ask Derrick Rose). Kobe will have an adjustment period when he returns, as will his Lakers teammates as they have to get used to playing with him again. The Lakers need to figure out what their new identity will be.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 14
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 52
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28