Nov 19, 2013, 5:54 PM EST
Jimmy Butler – after suffering right toe injury in the third quarter of the Bulls’ win over the Bobcats on Monday, returning in the fourth quarter and then leaving again – pledged to be ready for Chicago’s next game. Via Mark Strotman of CSN Chicago:
“I hurt it. I don’t really know how. But it’s nothing major. I’ll be back. I’ve just got to ice it, rest it, all that stuff,” said Butler, who added that he’s “going to be good to go” for the Bulls’ upcoming “Circus Trip,” which begins Thursday in Denver. “I know what play it happened on. I just pushed off on it, I guess the wrong way, and it didn’t feel too good at all.”
It’s still possible Butler plays against the Nuggets, but he’s no longer cruising in that direction. Via Aggrey Sam of CSN Chicago:
“He didn’t do anything [at practice],” Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said. “He’s going to have an MRI this afternoon.”
“I don’t know [about Butler’s availability],” he continued the coach, who noted that initial X-rays on Butler’s toe were negative. “I want to see what they [the Bulls’ medical staff] have to say after the MRI, so we’ll know more [Tuesday] afternoon.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Dunleavy is having a nice season so far, making 12-of-22 3-pointers. His size makes him more a traditional choice.
Hinrich and Derrick Rose might have a budding chemistry, though they haven’t been effective overall while playing together this season. Maybe Thibodeau wants to give those two a chance to develop chemistry.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10