Nov 19, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
But what he really wants to do is direct….
The show, which is currently in development, will be called “Three the Hard Way.” It will feature a character named Daryl Wade, who is an NBA superstar responsible for raising his two sons as a single parent.
The show is described as Wade and “his entourage of eccentric friends, find themselves parenting by committee, when he gets full custody of his two young sons. It’s a recipe made for disaster, but no matter how misinformed, misguided, or unfit Team Wade may be, they have a trump card that can’t lose. It’s called love.”
And zaniness ensues. You’ll know if FOX really likes it by if they give it the slot after “New Girl.”
If this takes off Wade could make bank as he has opened his open production company (ZZ Productions, which according to the report “is a partner with Mandalay Sports Media, Perfect Storm Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television” in making this work).
Wade is working hard to expand his brand off the court. He wrote a book on parenthood. He just released a new line of ties and socks. He’s a renaissance man. He should be celebrated for that.
On the court this season Wade’s numbers are down — 16.7 points a game on 48 percent shooting. The Heat are winning and he is still playing well, but his role is shifting some on the team, yet when the playoffs come around they are going to need a healthy and vintage Wade to make it a three-peat.
Which would make a great episode…
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2