Nov 19, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
But what he really wants to do is direct….
The show, which is currently in development, will be called “Three the Hard Way.” It will feature a character named Daryl Wade, who is an NBA superstar responsible for raising his two sons as a single parent.
The show is described as Wade and “his entourage of eccentric friends, find themselves parenting by committee, when he gets full custody of his two young sons. It’s a recipe made for disaster, but no matter how misinformed, misguided, or unfit Team Wade may be, they have a trump card that can’t lose. It’s called love.”
And zaniness ensues. You’ll know if FOX really likes it by if they give it the slot after “New Girl.”
If this takes off Wade could make bank as he has opened his open production company (ZZ Productions, which according to the report “is a partner with Mandalay Sports Media, Perfect Storm Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television” in making this work).
Wade is working hard to expand his brand off the court. He wrote a book on parenthood. He just released a new line of ties and socks. He’s a renaissance man. He should be celebrated for that.
On the court this season Wade’s numbers are down — 16.7 points a game on 48 percent shooting. The Heat are winning and he is still playing well, but his role is shifting some on the team, yet when the playoffs come around they are going to need a healthy and vintage Wade to make it a three-peat.
Which would make a great episode…
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4