Nov 19, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Is the half-court line at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City a little closer to the rim than anywhere else?
I guess not (the league would frown on that and all), but we’re trying to figure out a reason that Monday night Cameron Rodriguez became the fourth Thunder fan to hit a half court shot and win $20,000 since March 5 of last season. That would be four makes in the last 21 home games (playoffs included). Apparently the fans in Oklahoma City shoot better from deep than Derek Fisher.
Congrats to Rodriguez, I’d be pretty darn happy if I won $20,000 too. We’re all just becoming a little jaded now since it’s apparently not that hard a shot to knock down in OKC.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video. Golliver shots 34.7 percent from half court, for the record.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18