Nov 19, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
Is the half-court line at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City a little closer to the rim than anywhere else?
I guess not (the league would frown on that and all), but we’re trying to figure out a reason that Monday night Cameron Rodriguez became the fourth Thunder fan to hit a half court shot and win $20,000 since March 5 of last season. That would be four makes in the last 21 home games (playoffs included). Apparently the fans in Oklahoma City shoot better from deep than Derek Fisher.
Congrats to Rodriguez, I’d be pretty darn happy if I won $20,000 too. We’re all just becoming a little jaded now since it’s apparently not that hard a shot to knock down in OKC.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video. Golliver shots 34.7 percent from half court, for the record.
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 0
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 3
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9