Nov 19, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Is the half-court line at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City a little closer to the rim than anywhere else?
I guess not (the league would frown on that and all), but we’re trying to figure out a reason that Monday night Cameron Rodriguez became the fourth Thunder fan to hit a half court shot and win $20,000 since March 5 of last season. That would be four makes in the last 21 home games (playoffs included). Apparently the fans in Oklahoma City shoot better from deep than Derek Fisher.
Congrats to Rodriguez, I’d be pretty darn happy if I won $20,000 too. We’re all just becoming a little jaded now since it’s apparently not that hard a shot to knock down in OKC.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video. Golliver shots 34.7 percent from half court, for the record.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49