Nov 19, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
Is the half-court line at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City a little closer to the rim than anywhere else?
I guess not (the league would frown on that and all), but we’re trying to figure out a reason that Monday night Cameron Rodriguez became the fourth Thunder fan to hit a half court shot and win $20,000 since March 5 of last season. That would be four makes in the last 21 home games (playoffs included). Apparently the fans in Oklahoma City shoot better from deep than Derek Fisher.
Congrats to Rodriguez, I’d be pretty darn happy if I won $20,000 too. We’re all just becoming a little jaded now since it’s apparently not that hard a shot to knock down in OKC.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video. Golliver shots 34.7 percent from half court, for the record.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17