Nov 18, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The 10 best/worst suits of Craig Sager. Glad somebody finally put this together.
• Chase Budinger is back doing light workouts with the Timberwolves following knee surgery. That’s a very good sign.
• Jermaine O’Neal is going to be out for a while in Golden State with sprained knee and a strained groin, and he’s a versatile player that will be hard for the Warriors to replace in the rotation. At one point some people in their front office considered asking Brian Scalabrine if he wanted to make a comeback.
• You keep hearing about “small sample size theater” and to be careful with stats this time of year (with good reason). But what stats tend to hold up from now through larger sample sizes? Which ones should you pay attention to?
• Apparently the final holdovers in Boston have now figured out that Jeff Green, for all his skills, is not now nor never was going to be an alpha dog scorer. OKC fans could have told you that a few years and a big contract ago.
• Several NBA teams have made donations to Typhoon relief efforts in the Philippines. The Pacers Foundation donated $50,000 to the United Nations World Food Programme to help bring in food to those desperately in need. The Lakers made a donation to the Red Cross to help the victims as well.
• Finally, well done by Cavs sideline reporter Allie Clifton — she got hit in the head with the ball and doesn’t even flinch.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20