Nov 18, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The 10 best/worst suits of Craig Sager. Glad somebody finally put this together.
• Chase Budinger is back doing light workouts with the Timberwolves following knee surgery. That’s a very good sign.
• Jermaine O’Neal is going to be out for a while in Golden State with sprained knee and a strained groin, and he’s a versatile player that will be hard for the Warriors to replace in the rotation. At one point some people in their front office considered asking Brian Scalabrine if he wanted to make a comeback.
• You keep hearing about “small sample size theater” and to be careful with stats this time of year (with good reason). But what stats tend to hold up from now through larger sample sizes? Which ones should you pay attention to?
• Apparently the final holdovers in Boston have now figured out that Jeff Green, for all his skills, is not now nor never was going to be an alpha dog scorer. OKC fans could have told you that a few years and a big contract ago.
• Several NBA teams have made donations to Typhoon relief efforts in the Philippines. The Pacers Foundation donated $50,000 to the United Nations World Food Programme to help bring in food to those desperately in need. The Lakers made a donation to the Red Cross to help the victims as well.
• Finally, well done by Cavs sideline reporter Allie Clifton — she got hit in the head with the ball and doesn’t even flinch.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 0
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6