Nov 18, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Kick a guy in the face, you get ejected.
That’s what happened with Memphis’ Tony Allen, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league — Chris Paul was driving the lane, Tony Allen leapt and got caught in the air, threw his leg out and it kicked CP3 right across the face. At first glance the referees called it a Flagrant 1 but after review upgraded it to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Allen (who had already apologized to Paul).
Was it intentional? No. Still, he kicked a guy in the face and for my money the referees got it right — that had to be an ejection. Just had to be. That said, because of the lack of intent one would hope the league would not fine or add to the punishment here.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 6
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 5
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 13
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 10
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14