Nov 18, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Kick a guy in the face, you get ejected.
That’s what happened with Memphis’ Tony Allen, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league — Chris Paul was driving the lane, Tony Allen leapt and got caught in the air, threw his leg out and it kicked CP3 right across the face. At first glance the referees called it a Flagrant 1 but after review upgraded it to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Allen (who had already apologized to Paul).
Was it intentional? No. Still, he kicked a guy in the face and for my money the referees got it right — that had to be an ejection. Just had to be. That said, because of the lack of intent one would hope the league would not fine or add to the punishment here.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22