Nov 18, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Kick a guy in the face, you get ejected.
That’s what happened with Memphis’ Tony Allen, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league — Chris Paul was driving the lane, Tony Allen leapt and got caught in the air, threw his leg out and it kicked CP3 right across the face. At first glance the referees called it a Flagrant 1 but after review upgraded it to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Allen (who had already apologized to Paul).
Was it intentional? No. Still, he kicked a guy in the face and for my money the referees got it right — that had to be an ejection. Just had to be. That said, because of the lack of intent one would hope the league would not fine or add to the punishment here.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38