Nov 18, 2013, 11:33 PM EST
Kick a guy in the face, you get ejected.
That’s what happened with Memphis’ Tony Allen, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league — Chris Paul was driving the lane, Tony Allen leapt and got caught in the air, threw his leg out and it kicked CP3 right across the face. At first glance the referees called it a Flagrant 1 but after review upgraded it to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Allen (who had already apologized to Paul).
Was it intentional? No. Still, he kicked a guy in the face and for my money the referees got it right — that had to be an ejection. Just had to be. That said, because of the lack of intent one would hope the league would not fine or add to the punishment here.
Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 14
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 9
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 50
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28