Nov 18, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Dwight Howard knows what “strategy” means.
Let me use it in a sentence: Dwight Howard should have had a better strategy for how to get traded out of Orlando. Or, Dwight Howard should have had a strategy of getting healthy before coming back to the Lakers last season.
Anyway, Howard is making an appearance on Sesame Street this Thursday for the word of the day. Which is “strategy.”
A few of you in the comments will go after Howard with the “he should be more serious about his game and not be playing with Elmo” stuff, but it doesn’t bother me that he wants to do things and have interests outside the court. As with all things in American sports this gets viewed through the warped prism of titles — if he wins them we love he’s having fun and doing this kind of thing, if he doesn’t he’s not focused enough. It’s a rather ridiculous way to look at life and sports, but it the American way lately. Sadly.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4