Nov 18, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Dwight Howard knows what “strategy” means.
Let me use it in a sentence: Dwight Howard should have had a better strategy for how to get traded out of Orlando. Or, Dwight Howard should have had a strategy of getting healthy before coming back to the Lakers last season.
Anyway, Howard is making an appearance on Sesame Street this Thursday for the word of the day. Which is “strategy.”
A few of you in the comments will go after Howard with the “he should be more serious about his game and not be playing with Elmo” stuff, but it doesn’t bother me that he wants to do things and have interests outside the court. As with all things in American sports this gets viewed through the warped prism of titles — if he wins them we love he’s having fun and doing this kind of thing, if he doesn’t he’s not focused enough. It’s a rather ridiculous way to look at life and sports, but it the American way lately. Sadly.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29