Nov 18, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Dwight Howard knows what “strategy” means.
Let me use it in a sentence: Dwight Howard should have had a better strategy for how to get traded out of Orlando. Or, Dwight Howard should have had a strategy of getting healthy before coming back to the Lakers last season.
Anyway, Howard is making an appearance on Sesame Street this Thursday for the word of the day. Which is “strategy.”
A few of you in the comments will go after Howard with the “he should be more serious about his game and not be playing with Elmo” stuff, but it doesn’t bother me that he wants to do things and have interests outside the court. As with all things in American sports this gets viewed through the warped prism of titles — if he wins them we love he’s having fun and doing this kind of thing, if he doesn’t he’s not focused enough. It’s a rather ridiculous way to look at life and sports, but it the American way lately. Sadly.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 19
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31