Nov 18, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Dwight Howard knows what “strategy” means.
Let me use it in a sentence: Dwight Howard should have had a better strategy for how to get traded out of Orlando. Or, Dwight Howard should have had a strategy of getting healthy before coming back to the Lakers last season.
Anyway, Howard is making an appearance on Sesame Street this Thursday for the word of the day. Which is “strategy.”
A few of you in the comments will go after Howard with the “he should be more serious about his game and not be playing with Elmo” stuff, but it doesn’t bother me that he wants to do things and have interests outside the court. As with all things in American sports this gets viewed through the warped prism of titles — if he wins them we love he’s having fun and doing this kind of thing, if he doesn’t he’s not focused enough. It’s a rather ridiculous way to look at life and sports, but it the American way lately. Sadly.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5