Nov 18, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Dwight Howard knows what “strategy” means.
Let me use it in a sentence: Dwight Howard should have had a better strategy for how to get traded out of Orlando. Or, Dwight Howard should have had a strategy of getting healthy before coming back to the Lakers last season.
Anyway, Howard is making an appearance on Sesame Street this Thursday for the word of the day. Which is “strategy.”
A few of you in the comments will go after Howard with the “he should be more serious about his game and not be playing with Elmo” stuff, but it doesn’t bother me that he wants to do things and have interests outside the court. As with all things in American sports this gets viewed through the warped prism of titles — if he wins them we love he’s having fun and doing this kind of thing, if he doesn’t he’s not focused enough. It’s a rather ridiculous way to look at life and sports, but it the American way lately. Sadly.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 0
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 20
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 16
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 12
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52