Nov 18, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Whatever was ailing Dion Waiters he seems to be over it.
After missing about five days and a couple of games Waiters was back on the practice court with Cleveland on Monday, reports Bob Finnan of the News-Herald.
Waiters said there was no confrontation at the players meeting last Wednesday, despite earlier reports. Of course, what is he going to say?
It was right after that meeting when Waiters came down with his illness, which led to a lot of speculation about what was really going on. There has been no evidence that he was anything but sick.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
Waiters this season is pretty much exactly Waiters from last season, maybe even a half-step worse — there has been none of the progression in his game from his rookie season. That’s not what the Cavaliers wanted to see. He’s averaging 13.3 points a game but needs 13.1 shots a game to get there (39.8 percent overall). He is shooting just 37.2 percent inside eight feet of the rim (but he is shooting 41.4 percent from three).
If the Cavaliers are going to improve off their 4-7 start to the season — which is not a playoff pace and that has been the goal — they are going to need a lot more from Waiters. Cavs fans hope whatever was ailing him is gone.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 23
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 32
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 5
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31