Nov 18, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Whatever was ailing Dion Waiters he seems to be over it.
After missing about five days and a couple of games Waiters was back on the practice court with Cleveland on Monday, reports Bob Finnan of the News-Herald.
Waiters said there was no confrontation at the players meeting last Wednesday, despite earlier reports. Of course, what is he going to say?
It was right after that meeting when Waiters came down with his illness, which led to a lot of speculation about what was really going on. There has been no evidence that he was anything but sick.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
Waiters this season is pretty much exactly Waiters from last season, maybe even a half-step worse — there has been none of the progression in his game from his rookie season. That’s not what the Cavaliers wanted to see. He’s averaging 13.3 points a game but needs 13.1 shots a game to get there (39.8 percent overall). He is shooting just 37.2 percent inside eight feet of the rim (but he is shooting 41.4 percent from three).
If the Cavaliers are going to improve off their 4-7 start to the season — which is not a playoff pace and that has been the goal — they are going to need a lot more from Waiters. Cavs fans hope whatever was ailing him is gone.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9