Nov 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Rudy Gay has had his struggles this season — he’s shooting just 37.5 percent from the floor and the team is -2.2 points per 48 minutes when the guy with the big salary is on the floor. All of which has led to trade rumors.
Despite all that, what he brings to the table is the ability to create shots. He did it all through the fourth quarter Sunday when he had 11 points to spark a 10-point comeback for the Raptors. He topped that off with 4 seconds left and Toronto down 2 — he was able to go right around some good defense from Nicolas Batum (where was the help?) to kiss it off the glass and force OT.
By the way, Gay is shooting just 47 percent inside the restricted area so far this season, but he hit this one when he needed to.
The Trail Blazers owned OT, in part due to a couple of threes from Batum (plus seven points from Damian Lillard) while Gay went 1-of-4 from the floor. Still great play just to get them there.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50