Nov 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Rudy Gay has had his struggles this season — he’s shooting just 37.5 percent from the floor and the team is -2.2 points per 48 minutes when the guy with the big salary is on the floor. All of which has led to trade rumors.
Despite all that, what he brings to the table is the ability to create shots. He did it all through the fourth quarter Sunday when he had 11 points to spark a 10-point comeback for the Raptors. He topped that off with 4 seconds left and Toronto down 2 — he was able to go right around some good defense from Nicolas Batum (where was the help?) to kiss it off the glass and force OT.
By the way, Gay is shooting just 47 percent inside the restricted area so far this season, but he hit this one when he needed to.
The Trail Blazers owned OT, in part due to a couple of threes from Batum (plus seven points from Damian Lillard) while Gay went 1-of-4 from the floor. Still great play just to get them there.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85