Nov 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Rudy Gay has had his struggles this season — he’s shooting just 37.5 percent from the floor and the team is -2.2 points per 48 minutes when the guy with the big salary is on the floor. All of which has led to trade rumors.
Despite all that, what he brings to the table is the ability to create shots. He did it all through the fourth quarter Sunday when he had 11 points to spark a 10-point comeback for the Raptors. He topped that off with 4 seconds left and Toronto down 2 — he was able to go right around some good defense from Nicolas Batum (where was the help?) to kiss it off the glass and force OT.
By the way, Gay is shooting just 47 percent inside the restricted area so far this season, but he hit this one when he needed to.
The Trail Blazers owned OT, in part due to a couple of threes from Batum (plus seven points from Damian Lillard) while Gay went 1-of-4 from the floor. Still great play just to get them there.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28