Nov 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Rudy Gay has had his struggles this season — he’s shooting just 37.5 percent from the floor and the team is -2.2 points per 48 minutes when the guy with the big salary is on the floor. All of which has led to trade rumors.
Despite all that, what he brings to the table is the ability to create shots. He did it all through the fourth quarter Sunday when he had 11 points to spark a 10-point comeback for the Raptors. He topped that off with 4 seconds left and Toronto down 2 — he was able to go right around some good defense from Nicolas Batum (where was the help?) to kiss it off the glass and force OT.
By the way, Gay is shooting just 47 percent inside the restricted area so far this season, but he hit this one when he needed to.
The Trail Blazers owned OT, in part due to a couple of threes from Batum (plus seven points from Damian Lillard) while Gay went 1-of-4 from the floor. Still great play just to get them there.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16