Nov 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Rudy Gay has had his struggles this season — he’s shooting just 37.5 percent from the floor and the team is -2.2 points per 48 minutes when the guy with the big salary is on the floor. All of which has led to trade rumors.
Despite all that, what he brings to the table is the ability to create shots. He did it all through the fourth quarter Sunday when he had 11 points to spark a 10-point comeback for the Raptors. He topped that off with 4 seconds left and Toronto down 2 — he was able to go right around some good defense from Nicolas Batum (where was the help?) to kiss it off the glass and force OT.
By the way, Gay is shooting just 47 percent inside the restricted area so far this season, but he hit this one when he needed to.
The Trail Blazers owned OT, in part due to a couple of threes from Batum (plus seven points from Damian Lillard) while Gay went 1-of-4 from the floor. Still great play just to get them there.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 0
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 40
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44