Nov 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
But he’s not giving Rondo away for the spare change in the couch.
Which brings us to this note about the Knicks coveting Rondo, via Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
Of course, the Knicks primary target is Rondo, Boston’s All Star point guard who is currently recovering from knee surgery. The Knicks have been trying to trade Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire in a complicated deal for Rondo but the rebuilding Celtics has yet to show much interest.
Unless the Celtics are blown away with an offer it’s hard to imagine Celtics GM Danny Ainge trading his best player, Rondo, to the rival Knicks.
Per team policy, Danny Ainge will not comment on trade rumors, so me just say on behalf of him:
Honestly, is there any player on the Knicks you would trade Rondo for to rebuild around? No.
And if you’re thinking “the Knicks should throw in a pick” remember they don’t have a first rounder they can move until 2018.
My guess is we’re going to see what Rondo can do with these Celtics and if he can take the torch, but with Ainge you know the trade rumors will never quite go away.
But he’s not giving Rondo away for scraps. Sorry Knicks.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 2
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 48
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17