Nov 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
But he’s not giving Rondo away for the spare change in the couch.
Which brings us to this note about the Knicks coveting Rondo, via Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
Of course, the Knicks primary target is Rondo, Boston’s All Star point guard who is currently recovering from knee surgery. The Knicks have been trying to trade Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire in a complicated deal for Rondo but the rebuilding Celtics has yet to show much interest.
Unless the Celtics are blown away with an offer it’s hard to imagine Celtics GM Danny Ainge trading his best player, Rondo, to the rival Knicks.
Per team policy, Danny Ainge will not comment on trade rumors, so me just say on behalf of him:
Honestly, is there any player on the Knicks you would trade Rondo for to rebuild around? No.
And if you’re thinking “the Knicks should throw in a pick” remember they don’t have a first rounder they can move until 2018.
My guess is we’re going to see what Rondo can do with these Celtics and if he can take the torch, but with Ainge you know the trade rumors will never quite go away.
But he’s not giving Rondo away for scraps. Sorry Knicks.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16