Nov 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
But he’s not giving Rondo away for the spare change in the couch.
Which brings us to this note about the Knicks coveting Rondo, via Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
Of course, the Knicks primary target is Rondo, Boston’s All Star point guard who is currently recovering from knee surgery. The Knicks have been trying to trade Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire in a complicated deal for Rondo but the rebuilding Celtics has yet to show much interest.
Unless the Celtics are blown away with an offer it’s hard to imagine Celtics GM Danny Ainge trading his best player, Rondo, to the rival Knicks.
Per team policy, Danny Ainge will not comment on trade rumors, so me just say on behalf of him:
Honestly, is there any player on the Knicks you would trade Rondo for to rebuild around? No.
And if you’re thinking “the Knicks should throw in a pick” remember they don’t have a first rounder they can move until 2018.
My guess is we’re going to see what Rondo can do with these Celtics and if he can take the torch, but with Ainge you know the trade rumors will never quite go away.
But he’s not giving Rondo away for scraps. Sorry Knicks.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5