Nov 17, 2013, 2:14 AM EDT
Cleveland beat Washington Saturday night because Kyrie Irving was the best player on the court — 41 points on 28 shots, plus nine points in the overtime (the Warriors combined only had six).
The Cavaliers have struggled this season — a 4-7 start, a three game losing streak coming into Saturday that led to a contentious team meeting — and most of that is due to an inept offense. That changes when Irving plays like this — they have averaged 93.5 points per 100 possessions this season but it was a much improved 99.3 in this game.
We’ll see if the Cavaliers can build on this, same with Irving (who was shooting 38 percent this season before Saturday).
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6